Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Love Song Series Box Set by Emily Minton and Dawn Martens






Synopsis
Whiskey Lullaby: (Revised and Extended)
Jase lived the last nine years drowning in whiskey, while Julie sung a lonely lullaby. Can they find a way to give their whiskey lullaby a happy ending?


Synopsis
Broken:
Brandon's wounded; Bethany's broken. Can these two shattered souls heal each other?


Synopsis 
I Hope You Dance:
Join the Walker and Gibson families as they learn to dance.



Whiskey Lullaby:
"Why didn't you tell me?"
I look at the floor, too nervous to look in his eyes. "I had only known for about a week. I hadn't told anyone but Bethany. I only told her because I needed someone to buy the pregnancy test." I take a deep breath and continue. "I was still trying to wrap my head around it. I was scared, but I was going to tell you. I just wasn't ready."
"Are you sure you weren’t planning on running again? Maybe you’re thinking about keeping this one to yourself too?"
His words feel like a slap. I look up at him. He’s smiling at me in a way that says he knows he’s being an ass. "No! It never even crossed my mind." 
He walks over to the window and looks out at Jenny and her friends playing. "Every time I think about the years I've missed with her, I want to hate you." He's silent for a moment, then turns to look at me.  "Why the fuck can't I hate you?"
I shake my head sadly. "I don't know. Why can't I hate you?"

Broken:
“You deserve to marry someone you love, not someone that you’re trying to protect. You need to find a wom…”
He stops my words by placing a hand over my mouth. “You love me?”
I play back all the things I’ve just said, realizing what I had blurted out.  Oh my God, no.  I try to speak, but his hand is still blocking my mouth.  He slowly moves it, resting it on my jaw.  “Do you love me, Bethany?”
“I, uhmm, I…”  The words just won’t come out.  How can you explain to a man you just met that you have been in love with him for years? After a moment’s hesitation, I decide to go with the truth.  “I fell in love with your letters.”

I Hope You Dance:
“It’s been bad, huh?  You’re parents being in love and all, I’m sure it was shit.”
His words cause me to flinch because I know I caused pain.  Reed’s parents divorced when he was barely more than a baby.  He rarely saw his dad growing up.  On the few occasions he did, his mother would throw such a fit that it ruined any time he and his dad had together.  “No, it hasn’t been bad.”
“It’s awesome that they still love each other so much, after all these years.  That’s how I want us to be.  I never want either one of us to forget how we feel today.”
I tighten my arms around him. “I’ll do my best to make sure we feel the same way when we’re old and gray.”
“You know how to make that happen?” he asks as his body starts to relax against mine. 
“How?”
Leaning down to whisper in my ear, he says, “Smile at me every time you see me, tell me you love me every day, and give me head as often as possible.”

Play List




                               
                                 

                 (links to be sent when available)

                         

Emily Minton
USA Today Best Selling Author, Emily Minton is a Kentucky native. She claims she bleeds blue--Wildcat Blue! Emily loves to read, and this love of the written word led to her writing career.

Social Media Links

Dawn Martens is a young, spunky Canadian Author, who is known for her best-selling “Renegade Sons MC” series that she co-authored with Author Emily Minton. But she started her journey co-authoring the series "Resisting Love" with Author Chantal Fernando.
 Being a wife to Colin, and a mother to three beautiful little girls (Sarah (2007), Grace (2010), and Ava (2014)) hasn’t stopped this Canadian Firecracker from pursuing her dreams of becoming a writer! 
 She has also co-authored The Love Song Series with her friend and fellow writer, Author Emily Minton; on top of serving as a mentor and support system for many Authors in the Indie community over the past few years. On top of that, she is also going to be working with two other authors on a few projects. Including a few solo projects.
 Dawn’s number one passion in life is the written word, and she’s extremely thankful that she has to ability to share the ramblings from the characters inside of her head with the rest of the world!

 She also may or may not have the hugest girl crush on Author Kristen Ashley, who is her personal idol and helped inspire Dawn in the beginning of her Indie career.

Social Media Links









No comments:

Post a Comment